Putting the Reality in Virtual Reality
Making Live-Action VR Better
Building the things VR filmmakers need.
Video games have led the charge in Virtual Reality for decades, and now live-action VR -- including 360° video -- has arrived.
This means we need a lot of new technology, as the tools simply do not exist to make live-action VR at the quality level filmmakers demand.
Practical Magic is working on these problems -- creating studio-grade tools, software, and production techniques to make live-action VR better.
VR Camera Mobility
Camera CartsHigh-Speed Electric Camera Carts
Motion ControlCustom Motion Control VR Rigs
Flyline & CablecamVR Wire Rigs & Integration
Wireless 360° VideoLow-Latency Long-Range 360° Video
Rapid PrototypingCustom Hardware & Software
VR technology is changing fast. We're rapidly creating and deploying custom software tools, up to and including camera control/telemetry systems for cameras from Jaunt, Arri, RED, and more.
- Custom telemetry software (and hardware.)
- Lightweight, camera-independent 360 live stitching
- Long-distance wireless 360 witness camera systems
- Custom integrations with cameras from RED, Arri, etc.
Full VR Post ProductionIn-House
With a fully-equipped facility in Burbank, we provide full-service, studio-grade VR post-production supervised by seasoned VFX arists.
- Cinema-grade, resolution-independent VFX environment including Nuke CARA VR, Maya, PFTrack, and more.
- VR Headset-Driven Editing and VFX
- On-Premises 1500+ Core Render Farm
- VR Audio Mixing Room supporting Ambisonics B-Format