Engineering for Movies
Engineering For Film and Television
Sometimes, filmmakers need a piece of technology that just doesn't exist.
In filmmaking, when a piece of technology doesn't exist, you either change the creative, or somebody needs to make it exist.
Practical Magic makes things exist for filmmakers. We invent, design, fabricate, and deliver real things that make production possible.
CW NetworkLearn how Practical Magic helped create the "Hunger Games"-like technology of CW's "Capture"
the Living Dead
Jaunt VRAn explosive one-take experiment in narrative VR storytelling with a moving VR camera.
Sony PicturesThe Umbrella Corporation comes alive in an interactive experience spanning two continents.
In-House EngineeringMade in California
We have entertainment-industry-focused engineers on-site in California to design, prototype, and fabricate.
- Engineers on-site for faster iterations.
- In-house design in Solidworks, Rhino, Eagle, and more.
- 24/7 access to engineers.
- Engineers follow equipment onto set.
On-Site Fabrication16,000 sqft facility
Our 16,000 sqft Burbank facility provides on-site bespoke fabrication capabilities, allowing us to quickly create things without waiting for outside vendors.
- On-site, right-now industrial fabrication.
- CNC Milling, Laser cutting, Vacuforming, and more.
- Facility-wide air-powered tooling
- Industrial prototyping capabilities
Rapid PrototypingElectronics, 3D Printing & More
On-site Rapid Prototyping means we can iterate quickly on designs, even bringing prototypes straight onto set.
- Well-equipped, well-stocked EE Lab
- Multiple On-Site 3D Printers
- Idea to In-Hand without leaving the building.
- Work happens "now," less waiting on outside vendors.